Masaki Ujihara, PhD
Birth day: 1970.9.24 / Male
Citizenship: Taiwan Nationality: Japan
Graduate Institute of Applied Science and Technology, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology
PhD in Science, Nagoya University, Aichi/Japan
Major in Physical Chemistry
Research in Miami University, Miami/USA
The 21st Century COE Program (No. 14 COEB01-00) of Nagoya University for financial support of a research assistant fellowship
April 2002-March 2005
PhD candidate in Science, Nagoya University, Aichi/Japan
Major in Physical Chemistry
April 1994-March 1996
Master’s course in Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kyoto/Japan
Major in Wood Chemistry
April 1990-March 1994
Bachelor program in Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kyoto/Japan
Concentration in Wood Chemistry
National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, as an associate professor
National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, as an assistant professor
Keio University, as a doctoral research fellow
Keio University, as a doctoral research fellow
Hitec co. (leave of absence 2002-2005)
2009-present: National Taiwan University of Science and Technology
Nano-architecture design for green materials using carbon-nanotubes and nanoparticles
2007-2009: Keio University
Interaction between detergents and lipid mixtures, observation of characteristic swelling process of the mixtures
2002-2005: PhD course
Fabrication of dendrimer/metal-nanoparticle hybrid film with LB method, designing a bifunctional monolayer with metal surface and dendrimer-modified surface
1996-2000: NOF CORPORATION
R&D of detergents for mild shampoo and body-wash, mainly synthesis process
R&D of methacrylates and manufacturing process of them
1994-1996: Master’s course
Synthesis of model compounds of lignin, and designing a novel cleavage method of them at a mild condition for efficient pulping process
- Shape-controlling of nanoparticles, fabrication of nanofibers
- Hybridization of nanomaterials, e.g. core-shell structures, surface modification, and combination of different materials
- Mass-production of nano-materials with eco-friendly and low cost process
- Organic-inorganic nano-composites, sol-gel method
- Reinforcement of bulk-materials with nano-materials for high-strength
- Ordered structures of nano-materials on/in polymer films to utilize their functions (transparency, conductivity and so on)
- Energy devices (e.g. solar battery) with nano-structures that have optimized structures for energy transfer pathway consisted of nano-fibers, nanoparticles and the others
- Mesoporous materials for filtration systems
- Toyoko Imae, Masaki Ujihara, Mariko Hayashi, Ed. by Toyoko Imae, “Advanced Chemistry of Monolayers at Interfaces : Trends in Methodology and Technology “ (Interface Science and Technology), Capter 9, 219-245, Academic Pr, 2007
Chia-Chi Chang, Toyoko Imae, Liang-Yih Chen, Masaki Ujihara, “Efficient surface enhanced Raman scattering on confeito-like gold nanoparticle-adsorbed self-assembled monolayers” PCCP 17 (2015) 32328-32334.
- Masaki Ujihara, Nhut Minh Dang, Chia-Chi Chang, Toyoko Imae, “Surface-enhanced infrared absorption spectra of eicosanoic acid on confeito-like Au nanoparticle” Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers 45 (2014) 3085–3089.
- K.P.O. Mahesh, Dong-Hau Kuoa, Bo-Rong Huang, Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, “Chemically modified polyurethane-SiO2/TiO2hybrid composite filmand its reusability for photocatalytic degradation of Acid Black 1(AB 1) under UV light” Applied Catalysis A 475 (2014), 235–241.
- Masaki Ujihara, Mahmoud Mohamed Mahmoud Ahmed, Toyoko Imae, Yusuke Yamauchi, “Massive-Exfoliation of Magnetic Graphene from Acceptor–Type GIC by Long-Chain Alkyl Amine.” J. Mater. Chem. A, 2014, 2 (12), 4244-4250.
- Masaki Ujihara, Nhut Minh Dang, Toyoko Imae, “Fluorescence Quenching of Uranine on Confeito-Like Au Nanoparticles” J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol., 14 (2014), 4906-4910.
- Kazuki Osawa, Toyoko Imae, Masaki Ujihara, Atsushi Harada, Kanako Ochi, Kazuhiko Ishihara, Shin-ichi Yusa, “Preparation of Amphiphilic Diblock Copolymers with Pendant Hydrophilic Phosphorylcholine and Hydrophobic Dendron Groups and Their Self-Association Behavior in Water” Journal of Polymer Science A 51(2013), 4923-4931.
- Mohammad Mydul Alam, Jonathan Miras, Lourdes Adriana Perez-Carrillo, Susana Vilchez, Conxita Solans, Toyoko Imae, Masaki Ujihara, Jordi Esquena, “Facile synthesis of dual micro/macroporous carbonaceous foams by templating in highly concentrated water-in-oil emulsions” Microporous and Mesoporous Materials 182(2013), 102-108.
- Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, “Versatile one-pot synthesis of confeito-like Au nanoparticles and their surface-enhanced Raman scattering effect” Colloids and Surfaces A, 436(2013), 380-385.
- Vinod I. Bhoi, Toyoko Imae, Masaki Ujihara, C. N. Murthy, “Surface Immobilization of Carbon Nanotubes by beta-Cyclodextrins and Their Inclusion Ability” J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 13(2013), SI, 2604-2612.
- Fu-Han Ho, Yung-Han Wu, Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, “A solution-based nano-plasmonic sensing technique by using gold nanorods” Analyst 137(2012) 2545-2548.
- Carlos Rodriguez-Abreu, Neus Vilanova, Conxita Solans, Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, Arturo Lopez-Quintela, Seiji Motojima, “A combination of hard and soft templating for the fabrication of silica hollow microcoils with nanostructured walls” Nanoscale Research Letters 6(2011) 330.1
- Indrajit Shown, Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, “Sensitizing of pyrene fluorescence by b-cyclodextrin-modified TiO2 nanoparticles” J. Colloid Interface Sci. 352 (2010) 232-237.
- Prashanta Dhoj Adhikari, Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, Po-Da Hong and Seiji Motojima, “Reinforcement on Properties of Poly(vinyl alcohol) Films by Embedding Functionalized Carbon Micro Coils” J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 11 (2011) 1004-1012.
- Indrajit Shown, Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, “Synthesis of β-cyclodextrin-modified water-dispersible Ag-TiO2 core-shell nanoparticles and their photocatalytic activity” J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 11 (2011) 3284-3290.
- Xiaojuan Wang, Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, Akira Ishikubo, Yuki Sugiyama, Tooru Okamoto, ”Characterization of mimetic lipid mixtures of stratum corneum” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 78 (2010) 92–100.
- Xiaojuan Wang, Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, Takuya Saiwaki, Akira Ishikubo and Tooru Okamoto, “Visual observation of selective elution of components from skin-mimetic lipid membrane.” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 81 (2010) 174–177.
- Prashanta Dhoj Adhikari, Yian Tai, Masaki Ujihara, Chih-Chien Chu, Toyoko Imae, and Seiji Motojima, ”Surface Functionalization of Carbon Micro Coils and Their Selective Immobilization on Surface-Modified Silicon Substrates” J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 10 (2010) 833-839.
- Masaki Ujihara, Koji Mitamura, Naoya Torikai, Toyoko Imae, “Fabrication of Metal Nanoparticle Monolayers on Amphiphilic Poly(amido amine) Dendrimer Langmuir Films” Langmuir 2006, 22, 3656-3661.
- Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, “Adsorption Behaviors of Poly(amido amine) Dendrimers with an Azacrown Core and Long Alkyl Chain Spacers on Solid Substrates” J. Colloid Interface Sci. 2006, 293, 333-341.
- Masaki Ujihara, Jhony Orbulescu, Toyoko Imae, Roger. M. Leblanc, “Film Structures of Poly(amido amine) Dendrimers with an Azacrown Core and Long Alkyl Chain Spacers on Water or Ag Nanoparticle Suspension” Langmuir 2005, 21, 6846-6854.
- Omprakash Yemul, Masaki Ujihara, Norio Maki, Toyoko Imae, “Synthesis and Film Formation of Poly(phenylene sulfide) Dendrimers and Dendrons” Polym. J. 2005, 37, 82-93.
- Omprakash Yemul, Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, “Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Azacrown Core Dendrimers and Functional Dendrons with Long Alkyl Chain Spacers” Trans. Mater. Res. Soc. Jpn. 2004, 29, 165-168.
- Rui Katahira, Masaki Ujihara, Fumiaki Nakatsubo, “A Novel Selective Cleavage Method for β-O-4 Substructure in Lignins Named TIZ Method. I. Degradation of Guaiacyl and Syringyl Models” J. of Wood Chemistry and Technology 2003, 23, 71 – 87.
- Masaki Ujihara and Toyoko Imae, “Hierarchical structures of dendritic polymers”, Polym Int 2010, 59, 137–144.
- Koji Mitamura, Masaki Ujihara, Naoya Torikai, Toyoko Imae, “Neutron Reflectometric Investigation of a Dendrimer/Nanoparticle Hybrid Film at Air/water Interface”, KENS REPORT XV, 2003-2006, 194
International, published applications
Japanese published/examined applications
- P4022910, “Composition of detergents”
- P3630264, “Composition for hair shampoo”
Japanese published applications
- Published 2011-022159
- Published 2010-169653
- Published 2009-070620
- Published 2009-001791
- Published 2008-297349, “Production method of porous film”
- Published 2008-226703, “Porous film”
- Published 2008-222913, “Porous film”
- Published 2008-066193, “Cross-linked micro-porous membrane”
- Published H11-029788, “Composition of detergents”
- Published H10-316544, “Composition for hair shampoo”
- Published H10-245591, “Composition of detergents”
- Published H10-245589, “Composition of detergents”
- Published H10-245588, “Composition of detergents”
- Masaki Ujihara, Mahmoud Mohamed Mahmoud Ahmed, Toyoko Imae, ASCASS, Sasebo, Japan
- Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, ISAMR 2015, Aug 16-20, Sun Moon Lake, Taiwan, Invited speaker
- Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, JTCC 2015, Taopei, Taiwan, July 21-24, Invited speaker
- Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, 日本化学会第94春季年会(2014), Nagoya, Japan, poster
- Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, IMTCE 2014, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, May 13-16. as an Invited speaker
- Masaki Ujihara, Min-Hsuan Hsu, Toyoko Imae, PPC 2013, Kaohsiung, Nov, 2013
- Mahmoud M.M. Ahmed, Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, ASAM-4, Taipei, Oct, 2013
- Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, ASAM-4, Taipei, Oct, 2013
- Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, IUMRS-ICA 2011, Taipei, Sep, 2011
- Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, ICMAT2011, Singapore, Jun 28-Jul 1, 2011
- Toyoko Imae, Shoichi Ohishi, Masaki Ujihara, European Conference of Chemical Engineering (ECCE’10), Puerto De La Cruz, Tenerife, Nov. 30- Dec. 2, 2010
- Carlos Rodríguez-Abreu, Neus Vilanova , Conxita Solans, Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, and Seiji Motojima, The 11th Trends in Nanotechnology conference, Braga (Portugal), Sep. 2010
- Masaki Ujihara, Prashanta Dhoj Adhikari, and Toyoko Imae, The 1st FAPS Polymer Congress, Nagoya (Japan), October, 2009
- Masaki Ujihara, Japan-Taiwan Joint Symposium on Innovations on Frontier Nanomaterials, Hakone (Japan), July, 2007 (as a member of the program committee and an oral speaker)
- Masaki Ujihara, Johnny Orbulescu, Toyoko Imae, Roger M. Leblanc, Asian Conference on Recent Trends in Colloid and Surface Science(ACCASS), Nagoya (Japan) December, 2005
- Masaki Ujihara, National ACS Meeting, San Diego, CA (USA), March, 2005
- Masaki Ujihara, Toyoko Imae, International Symposium on Functional Colloids and Surfaces, Yokohama (Japan), January, 2005
- Masaki Ujihara, KanaTamano, Omprakash Yemul, Toyoko Imae, IUMRS-ICAM 2003, Yokohama (Japan), October, 2003